What is your favourite inspirational quote?
Firstly this is going to be short and sweet today I’m afraid. Yesterday’s emotional storm really affected me and today I am paying for it physically in spades. So upright, light, active and screen time are all limited.
As usual I couldn’t pick just one as I rely on inspirational stuffs to keep me going, so here in reverse order are my 10 favourites.
10) “Acceptance doesn’t mean resignation; it means understanding that something is what it is and that there’s got to be a way through it” – Michael J Fox
9) “You are not your illness. You have an individual story to tell. You have a name, a history, a personality. Staying yourself is part of the battle.” – Julian Seifter
8) “Every say may not be good… but there is something good in every day.” – Unknown
7) “If you’re in a dark place today that’s okay. Even if you can’t get out of bed and all you can do is breathe. Take all the time you need. We’ll be here when you’re ready. Every day is a battle. Some days you’ll demolish everything in your path. Others you’ll hold on for dear life. Either way you are a warrior. Never forget that” – Unknown
6) “You just do it. You force yourself to get up. You force yourself to put one foot before the other, and God damn it, you refuse to let it get to you. You fight. You cry. You curse. Then you about your business of living. That’s how I’ve done it. There’s no other way.” – Elizabeth Taylor
5) “I think one of the worst parts of having a chronic illness is how it sometimes just breaks you. You can several bad days in a row and handle it fine; the one day you loose it because you’ve gone so long taking it that you eventually get to a point where you just can’t do it anymore. After a period of inconsolable grief, you pick yourself up and begin the cycle anew.” – Unknown
4) “The strongest people are not those who show strength in front of us but those who win battles we know nothing about.” – Unknown
3) “There is more in the mirror than my pain. There is more in my life than my pain, and what lies behind it is beautiful.” – Unknown.
2) “I don’t want my pain and struggle to make me a victim. I want my battle to make me someone else’s hero.” – Egypt
1) “We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.” – Unknown.